Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday's Fave Five

[friday+fave+five+spring.JPG]


 https://susannesspace.blogspot.com/  Click this link to see the host and others who participate in Friday's Fave Five. 




This picture is of my dear friend Lucy who went to be with the Lord just a few days after Christmas.  In fact just a minute after learning my son was being air lifted to Loma Linda Hospital I received a call from one of the Reverends at our church telling me she has died.  

Why such a sad memory on a day when I am to tell my Fave Fives of the week?

1. Friends.  I love my friends (sisters in Jesus) so much and have a wonderful week of zoom meetings where I have had the blessing of talking to many of them.  I have had text messages, phone calls, and chats on Face Book.  The best thing is that we talk of Jesus and how present He has been in our lives during this time.  Lucy was a wonderful sister in the Lord and I thought of her a bit this week.  I talked with her daughter by text and we cried together.  I am glad she is not her for this.  I know she would be worried for her family as they have jobs in hospitals and in public.  Her husband had died earlier in the year and she was missing him so much.  No she is with Jesus where we all want to be and I am happy for no matter how much I mess her.

2. Technology.  Praise God for the knowledge that he gave those who invented it. 

3. God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit.  God has been so present with me and I am grateful for His love, comfort, and provision.

4.  Again God.  Everything that is being horded I already had in my home before all this started because I buy enough so that I don't have to go to the store for much more than milk and bread for months on end. 

5.  Health.  I was ill a few weeks ago and I still have a dry cough but I am well and enjoying my life even if I am a bit stir crazy for a few moments especially when I miss my family. 

Bonus:  My sister who I have not talked with in a very long time called me this week and we had a wonderful chat.  She and all her family are well.  I love her so much.  I was so thrilled to hear from her.

I pray you all are doing well and having wonderful times with the Lord and with what family you can be around.  Be safe and well.  God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, but so thankful for the interaction you've had with others. Where would we be without the technology to keep in touch--what a blessing. Glad you're doing well and are well-supplied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. technology is a definite plus especially now that we teachers have to create lessons online!
    if you've still had a dry cough you need to be tested for covid!!!that's one of the main symptoms!!

    SO thankful that my loved ones who have died are all with the Lord in heaven (my parents and one aunt)> sadly, none of my husband's family are saved. I'm hoping they turn to the Lord before too long.
    enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete