Monday, January 20, 2014

Martin Luther King Jr. Day




I am so thankful for Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights movement.  I was born in 1955 so I have heard of him all my life and in the 1960's saw on the news all the upheaval of  the movement.  But, today I go to a church of many nationalities and races.  Some of my dearest friends are of many races and I love them all.  I can hug my sisters and tell them I love them and no one can tell me I can't love them.  So Praise God for the value He brought to the many men and women who were oppressed and disregarded before but now are able to stand, sit, go, and drink from fountains, and rightly so, who could not before.  And Praise God that those of us who never thought that oppression was correct, can openly agree with the change and love our brothers and sister of all races.


John 13:34-35  “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment