Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday's Fave Five


Huntington Beach California, USA.  One of my favorite places in the world.  I have been going there since I was a small girl and last spring my husband and I got to stay there for 3 days.  This was taken about a mile north of the pier.

Please be aware that this post may use cookies.  I honestly don't know if it does or not and I am not techy so I have no idea how to check for that.

Also in the side bar is the link to Fave Five so please check out the other participants.

Friday's Fave Five.

1. Last week I had cleaned car seats and floor with a cleaner that left a very strong perfume smell.  Each time I got in the car after that, my nose would run, my eyes would water and I would feel terrible.  I am very allergic to perfume.  But this week the smell was much weaker and yesterday there was just a hint of the smell and my allergies were not so bad either but my nose and eyes did itch.  I am so thankful that the smell is going away and I am thankful that the cleaner did a good job on my floors and seats. 

2. My son suffered a head injury in December and was in the hospital for a month.  He has been home for a month and a half and when I saw him this week he was doing much better. He has a ways to go but Andrew Kabala was at our church and he went to hear him speak. God spoke to him to be patient, his healing is coming, and my son felt a warmth in his knee and the back of his head.  My son's neurologist told him to be patient too because he is doing way better than any patient they have had in a long time.  That's God! I am so thankful for my son's progress and God's watchful eye over him.

3. I am thankful for a text I got this past week from one of my grandson's that said "I love you and I miss you." I was so happy about that text that I arranged to pick him up before school and take him to breakfast.  It was a morning of wonderful conversation.  I do love that boy. Later that same day I went to pick up his cousins, as I do every Wednesday after school.  Only one of them was coming home that day.  The two older ones had after school clubs.  So that afternoon I got to spend time with my youngest grandson.  Both of these boys are handsome and interesting boys.  I am thankful to have one on one time with them.

4. I am thankful that the days are getting warmer.  It is still not warm enough for short sleeves and sandals but it is warm enough for sweaters, and to stand in the sunshine and soak up rays feels so good to the bones.

5. I am thankful that today I get to spend some time celebrating a good friend.  Her birthday was on January 31st but things kept happening so we never got to celebrate. Today we will celebrate and visit for a long while.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan and welcome to Friday's Fave Five! Nice to have you join us! I left a comment in my comments last week for you because I couldn't see an email button for you. I can help with how to link your post into the Linky so that others can come and read your posts too, if you like. Just email me. My email is in my profile.

    That must have been very scary for you all when your son received a head injury. Praise God he is doing he is doing well and on the road to recovery. What a sweet txt to receive from your grandson. Some of those cleaners are so strong in smell. Glad the scent is finally starting to dissipate out of your car. Celebrating friends is always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanne I will send you an email soon and learn how to do that. Thank you for your comments too. My son is doing well, God is good.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan! So you left a comment for me butnit was on Susanne's blog Living to tell the Story. My blog is gold in the clouds.
    You asked about a link for the free online class I'm taking, it wouldn't link up but i found the course via Our Daily Bread devotional website. It's called World Religions. There's a bunch of free classes to choose from and that's the one i clicked on. Just google Lur Daily Bread and then free classes and it should come up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete