Friday, February 28, 2020

I am not sure how to set the cookie thing SO just so you know this blog may use cookies. 

This is a view from a hill in Highland California.  Below this is the San Bernardino basin.  We have a saying at our church which is "The Inland Empire shall be saved." When I am on this hill and seeing this view that is the thought in my head and on my heart.

friday fave five 12 
On Friday's we post 5 of our blessing from the week.  It is hosted by Susanne at https://susannesspace.blogspot.com/


It has been a wonderful week:

1.  I am part of a ministry at church that meets on Tuesday nights. It helps us to overcome and truly forgive the terrible things that people can do to one another.  As a mentor I have not arrived, none of the mentors have arrived.  We all have hurts in our lives and we all at time have trouble truly forgiving.  This ministry helps through a process of getting with God, a journal, and homework questions that lead us to a place of true forgiveness.  We then write a letter, either giving or asking for forgiveness.  We don't send the letter we just write them and let the Holy Spirit work.  The results are truly supernatural God.  I have written two letters in the past two weeks and have seen from God some amazing results.  My changed heart for one, but also the changed heart of one of those to whom I wrote a letter, out of the blue asked me to forgive them for the very things I wrote about.  

2.  Today is my son's Birthday.  I am so grateful and thankful he is still with us and his brain is healing, his body is healing and he is here to celebrate.  Unfortunately he and all his family have the flu. They are vegetarian (actually mostly vegan) and usually well, when everyone around them is ill. But I think the stress of the past months since the accident have taken a toll and they all got the flu. But God is good and He will heal this too. 

3.  I am looking forward to my vacation next month with a lot of joyful anticipation.  More on that in the weeks ahead. 

4. Tonight is GNO (Girls night out) at church and it is always a good time of fellowship and the word and I am looking forward to it.  When we have GNO we don't have WR (Women Rock bible study) on Thursday morning so I got to stay home and sew. 

5. I am going to a retirement party today and I know it will be a fun time.  

Even though most of my 5 faves are about what is going on today It has been a great week thinking about those things coming today.  Also I have had a lot of fun working on some sewing projects.  I LOVE to sew and have decided to get off my duff and get busy doing it.  I will post picture in the weeks to come as I complete items. 

Sewing is a calming hobby for me and I am going to try different types of quilting.  I have boxes and boxes of material, much of it given to me.  I want to use it up and so I am making things I can take to a local Thrift shop run by people who have been on drugs and on the street and who now live in a home and are changing their life to live for Jesus.  The ministry is Set Free and there are many group homes here in So. CA.  I am excited because so far it looks as if I am going to have a nice outcome on several of the blankets I started on yesterday.  

I sure hope you have had a blessed week with much more than 5 favorite things about it. I was listening to Joyce Meyer and she said she studied the prayers of Paul.  She said Paul never asked that we be taken from our problems but that we go through them with Joy.  God asked us to praise Him in the storm.  So no matter how bad it has been just knowing God is enough.

Don't forget to check out the others who participate in Fave 5 Fridays. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list of faves!! How fun to have a girls night out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't get to attend the event. My BIL had a heart attack and we ended up at the hospital. He is find so that is great and we feel very thankful to God.

      Delete