Friday, March 13, 2020

It is Friday and time for Fave Five

Fave Five

On Fridays we post 5 of our blessings for the week.
 It is hosted by Suzanne.


1.  My 46th anniversary was this week and I have done a lot of reflecting on my marriage.  It has been a wonderful life, growing up with my husband.  We went from hippies, who smoked dope to Grandparents who love the Lord Jesus.  It has been a great transition but I wouldn't change any of what God has done in our life.  I love my husband more today than when I married him. One of our anniversary blessings is that 13 years ago we were blessed with our oldest grandson.  I call him my best anniversary present. And, he is.

2. We went to the Huntington Library for our Anniversary outing.
Huntington Library view from the Tea House


One of the many Bonsai just before the Tea House. 



Once a month on Mondays they open the Japaneses Tea House for tours.  Only a few can go at a time and we just happened to be there at the correct time.  We had no idea they did these tours.  It was interesting learning the ins and outs of the Tea. It is very spiritual and while she made a point of saying the four main influences of the Tea she stressed that there was a 5th under-lying influence, Christianity.  I had felt God's presence even before she said it. The Huntington is one of my favorite places to visit and we never get to see the entire grounds in a day.  

3. Our first week of stay-cation has been very relaxing and fun.  We have gone to Palm Springs for lunch and thrift shopping, to see Dr. Doolittle and it was a fun, clean movie, and stayed at home several days just enjoying.  We are usually so busy that we don't get to just relax.  The rain and Corona virus, has made us a bit cautious to go out but otherwise we have had a great time so far. 

4.  The two things on everyone's mind in CA. at this moment are rain and the Corona Virus. God has bless California with a lot of rain. We need it. No one I know has the virus.  I praise God for both. 

5.  My oldest son got the keys to his house today.  It is a house that was built in 1939 and has an incredible view. I am very excited for him and I can't wait to see the inside.  They a lot of work to do for it to be in really good shape but they can do enough to move in and then work on the rest as they can.  God has blessed him so much and he continues to improve from his brain injury.  

No comments:

Post a Comment