Friday, March 6, 2020

My Fave Five for the week.

Fave Five
On Fridays we post 5 of our blessings for the week.
 It is hosted by Suzanne at https://susannesspace.blogspot.com/ 

1. It has been a great week.  God has done some wonderful things in my life by helping me get over some things that I had not forgave for over 10 years.  Don't you know He is so patient and merciful? I feel relief to have finally truly given those hurts over to Him.

2.  I am on Stay-cation.  Each year during our Anniversary month we take a vacation.  Most years we go to a beach front cottage and enjoy the ocean sounds or up to Solvang and enjoy the tiny tourist town.  Sometimes, like this year, it is a daily pre-planned day out, a spur of the moment day out, or a relaxing day of doing things at home. For two weeks we just enjoy life.  Our usual busy life is a 5 day a week commute of driving 20 minutes to three quarters of an hour, depending on traffic, to volunteer and watch our grands.

3. Our tax returns came in this week so we are set with mad money. HA!

4.  It is raining next week but still the days have been longer and warmer.  I love this time of year.  I love the rain too.  A house we lived in when my kids were just toddlers had the most wonderful pine tree right next to the dinning room window.  When it rained the wet pine tree smelled so fragrant so I would open the window just so we could smell it and we would wear sweaters to keep warm.

5. I said in fave #2 that it is my Anniversary this coming week and I am happy to say that it has been 46 years.  We met midweek at Jr. College and had our first date the following Friday and have been together ever since. On our first date we went to see Westworld.  We have had a lot of ups and downs but we made it through with two wonderful sons who now have wonderful families.  We are hoping to be blessed by God with many more amazing years ahead.

I hope you have a very blessed week and that you too have 5 blessings from the past week to encourage yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment